Regional Training Centres (RTC) are an integral part of the National Performance program for Water Polo. There are 20 RTC around the country and three in the North West; Lancaster City, City of Manchester and Huyton. The RTC set up is for players who have reached specific training competencies based on Long Term Athlete Development (LTAD) .
From the RTC players can be put forward to go to a one week National Academy Camp which is held during the summer holidays at Millfield School. From this the players can be selected for the Great Britian Talent squad.
Venue, Dates and Times
Salt Ayre Sports Centre
Doris Henderson Way,
Salt Ayre Lane,
All sessions run on a Friday night.
7:30 till 8.00pm: Born 1998/1999 – Swimming – With Andy & Trevor
Born 2000/2001 – Water Polo Skills - With Ron
8.30 till 9.00pm: Born 1998/1999 – Water Polo Skills - With Ron
Born 2000/2001 – Swimming - With Andy & Trevor
9.00 till 10.00pm: Born 1998/1999 – Water Polo tactics - With Ron
Born 2000/2001 – Water Polo tactics - With Andy & Trevor
Term Two (2)
- Session 1 – Friday 17th January
- Session 2 -Friday 24th January
- Session 3 – Friday 7th February
- Session 4 – Friday 14th February
- Half Term – Friday 28th February
- Session 5 – Friday 28th February
- Session 6 – Friday 14th March
- Session 7 – Friday 21st March
- Session 8 – Friday 28st March
- Session 9 – Friday 4th April
- Session 10 – Friday 11th Aprul
Cost and What you need
The cost of a term is £60 and all cheques should be made payable to ‘The ASA’
For each session you will need to bring gym kit, water polo costume, goggles and a towel.
Lancaster RTC Staff
Head Coach: Ron Winn (Level 2)
Coach: Trevor Peach (Level 2)
Coach: Andy Wilson (Level 2)
Administrator: Sue Mason